Call to Arms Options · View
girtXc
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:16:25 PM

World Class

Time to show support for the code at this crucial point in our codes history

I support Frank Lowy

In Frank I trust

Gyfox wrote:
Meanwhile a confidential report commissioned by AFL NSW/ACT says of junior participation in AFL in western Sydney:-

Quote:
1. Western Sydney – The Reality versus Perception Gap
The reality is that junior club maturity and participation numbers appear to have stalled. There are 6% less junior/youth players in 2012 than in 2009. The perception, however, is that the game is growing well. This perception is supported by masking low junior club numbers with Auskick numbers (Club, School and Community Auskick) and school program numbers. This optimistic, bullish perception is needed to market the game, however this perception urgently needs to be underpinned by committed junior club participants.

girtXc
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:19:21 PM

World Class

Quote:
Which is why the football fraternity must back FFA to the hilt.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/philip-micallef/blog/1095191/Independent-A-League-is-a-fantasy

Gyfox wrote:
Meanwhile a confidential report commissioned by AFL NSW/ACT says of junior participation in AFL in western Sydney:-

Quote:
The reality is that junior club maturity and participation numbers appear to have stalled. There are 6% less junior/youth players in 2012 than in 2009. The perception, however, is that the game is growing well. This perception is supported by masking low junior club numbers with Auskick numbers (Club, School and Community Auskick) and school program numbers. This optimistic, bullish perception is needed to market the game, however this perception urgently needs to be underpinned by committed junior club participants.

paulc
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:20:31 PM

World Class

Same here.

Wouldn't have anyone else running the game at this point in time.

I also know it can improve.

Brisbane Roar twice Champions of Australia and twice Premiers. Unsurpassed by any other club.
Holds the record for the longest unbeaten run at top level of any Australian football code (36 league matches without defeat).
Have also won the most accumulative championship points of any A-League club to date.

Brisbane Roar are now not only the "Best Footballing Side Ever" but also "the Most Successful".
Synthesized
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:23:29 PM

Hardcore Fan

Yep, lets all support mediocrity.

Edited by Synthesized: 28/2/2012 01:23:47 PM

Manchester City - Melbourne City
8/10/10 - Forever Your Nightmare
crimsoncrusoe
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:50:38 PM

Semi-Pro

All this is why it is so important to have strong governance.It's hypocritical of Lowy to say the game needs to be protected against the whims of wealthy owners.This is why FFA needs to be truly independent not a psuedo dictatorship by the wealthy.At the moment it is Lowys way or the highway.What are the parameters for analysis of performance?Who are the board of FFA accountable to?
Lowy sees himself as the protector against wayward billionares.Surley this is what governance is for.Just as the law prevents dictators running our nation ,strong governance will stop the wayward bilionaires wrecking our game.It will also allow people with the skill, but not necessarily the wealth to have a chance of being the chairman of FFA.
I for one will never place my trust in a dictator.Their first priority is always themselves.
Shaker
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:10:48 PM

Pro

Ive got no faith in either Clive or the FFA anymore. Game needs a serious shake up.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

UnitedGal
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:35:24 PM

Semi-Pro

There needs to be a balance of both - there will be none whilest the current FFA board is in charge

UNITED WE STAND!!
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE - O1 O1 O1!!!*
Joe Davola
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:39:43 PM

Pro

I'm sorry but I can't take anyone seriously if they are under the age of 35 and try to give us their opinion on the poor state of the Game.

The game - at grassroots participation level, Premier State league level, Professional club level, international level, etc - has never been stronger in the past 1/2 century.

Is there room for improvement? You bet there is.

But, if you think the game or the FFA needs a shake-up I guarantee you are not yet 35 years old.

Edited by Joe Davola: 28/2/2012 02:40:14 PM
hutchonholiday
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:43:53 PM

Pro

I think some people have forgotten how far football in this country has come. It's not perfect and we aren't sitting down and watching the EPL live in our own stadiums every weekend, but what we have is ours and I fucking love it!

FFA isn't perfect and it has made some mistakes in the past, but everybody does. It's learning and getting better with each year.

We, as supporters, need to stand together and actually support this game as there are enough idiots out there who want to drag us down that we shouldn't be helping them.
UnitedGal
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:53:35 PM

Semi-Pro

Oh I agree

Like I sorta said in the other thread - instead of wasting his and the FFA's time on those two selfish idiots, They should go to the rest of the owners who by the look of it care about the sport and work in partnership with them to improve this area

UNITED WE STAND!!
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE - O1 O1 O1!!!*
f1dave
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:59:02 PM

World Class

I don't support Frank Lowy, Ben Buckley, Clive Palmer, Tony Sage, Archie Fraser, Lyall Gorman, or Nathan Tinkler.

I support soccer/football in Australia, which is a hell of a lot more than one man. And I support open and transparent discussion of important issues - not criticism for criticism's sake, or sucking up to the man because he has lots of money.

I'm in love with the game, not the politics of it.

The true fan ridicules the bandwagoner.
The true fan blames the lesser fan for demanding entertainment.
The true fan blames other true fans for daring to criticise their club or FFA.
The true fan wonders why, after all is said and done, he is attending a match alone.
SC03
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:03:37 PM

Semi-Pro

hutchonholiday wrote:
I think some people have forgotten how far football in this country has come. It's not perfect and we aren't sitting down and watching the EPL live in our own stadiums every weekend, but what we have is ours and I fucking love it!

FFA isn't perfect and it has made some mistakes in the past, but everybody does. It's learning and getting better with each year.

We, as supporters, need to stand together and actually support this game as there are enough idiots out there who want to drag us down that we shouldn't be helping them.

Well said!
batfink
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:24:08 PM

World Class

Arms don't have ears..!!!!!

how will they hears us??????

we are put here for a reason....!!!! just not sure what it is just yet.....!!!!

www.steelpantherrocks.com check out the lyrics....its a great laugh.....

RedEyeRob
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:25:19 PM

Pro

Joe Davola wrote:
I'm sorry but I can't take anyone seriously if they are under the age of 35 and try to give us their opinion on the poor state of the Game.

The game - at grassroots participation level, Premier State league level, Professional club level, international level, etc - has never been stronger in the past 1/2 century.

But, if you think the game or the FFA needs a shake-up I guarantee you are not yet 35 years old.

I'm on the better end of 30 and you are wrong on state matters. In South Australia they are diabolical. In Victoria, even worse. Have you even paid an iota of attention to either of the NSW federatations and the recent sackings, resignings and general shit fights? I'm not prepared to say things are at their worst as i haven't been around long enough.

Frank Lowy said in his speech at the Heart luncheon that they're getting along better than ever before. That's because the state feds are now run by FFA automatons. Is that right or is it wrong? I don't know mate. But one thing appears to be that Frank is not very influential, otherwise he'd have done a far better job getting the state feds on his side a long time ago.

Frank couldn't convince the ASA to give NSL clubs greater control so he legged in. Frank wouldn't join SA unless the previous board was completely cleared out. Frank wouldn't join SA unless there was ZERO federal government involvement.

Now can you blame him on the above? I can't, but it does beg the question, does this one man have too much power? Can he actually use proper pursuasion to have the code moving in the right direction or does he need total and unequivocal authority to make things happen? I think it's a fair question.
RedKat
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:27:06 PM

Legend

Joe Davola wrote:

The old man speaks much of the truth.

Synthesized
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:33:16 PM

Hardcore Fan

Supporting the game and supporting the FFA are not the same thing so don't confuse them.

I see nobody here saying they don't support the game but quite a few don't support how it's being run so poorly compared to its potential.
If you support the current FFA then you support mediocrity. Thats all they are, ok without being great.

Manchester City - Melbourne City
8/10/10 - Forever Your Nightmare
Master Baiter
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:39:59 PM

Semi-Pro

What is amazing ..... is to look from the outside in.

You have Lowy telling everybody to put up or shove off ........ You have the owners telling the ffa to put up or we'll shove off ........... and you have the fans telling the owners and ffa to put up or shut up.

The woeful journalists are taking to the pen to report any swaggering as long as it sells papers and stuff the game .... not their problem blah blah blah.

and the blame is all being fanned by the fans not going to games..................

I don't know about anybody else ..... and I hate other people that use the royal "we" .......... but I'm getting a bit tired of all the blame and shame and nobody seems to be enjoying the game at the moment.

I remember the same situation happening at the basketball .......................... when the nbl folded.

Nobody thinks it will happen ..... but it did happen ..........

On life support:

Central Coast Mariners ... where are the russians ....... another player sold. Table lead gone. Gorman ???????

Gold Coast United ........ gone feral ... a-league team disbanded, playing youth league side coached by a lunatic billionaire and his yesman.

In no man's land:

Western Sydney or an alternative if one of the above dies.

Heading for trouble again:

Perth Glory with contract and coach problems ..... don't try and telll me otherwise. Form on the field says it all.

Adelaide United ..... spectacular failure, yesteryear coach without cert., playing banned players ????.

Melbourne Victory have to be haemorrhaging cash and I don't care because Halloran was dealt the Zhara tactics last week. Can't use their speed if they can't stand on one leg muscrap tactic from muscrap's hitman milligan.

Not happy at the moment:

All of the above .... plus Newcastle Jets.

Sydney are ok .... their season can start next week

There is an implosion beckoning unless somebody puts their hand up and unites the league.

I really don't want to hear any more dirty washing stories, particularly from the failed archie fucking frazer. Enough already ........ evrybody has questions but do not ask the right people, peacock on Lowy for example ......... what stupid questions and what did they achieve ??????. I understand now why they call him "feathers"........... oh !!!! while I am on knicknames .... how about "ankles" for that low life who is on holiday from the land of whale eaters ....... milligan. Not because he went for Halloran's ankles ..... because he is four foot lower than a prick for doing it.

Lowy going around individually, writing to each to sit across the table and talk ....... not the old divide and conquer sales job .... oh please ???????? ............. this isn't fifa ..... lowy isn't blatter (but could be) ........ all at the table, all at once with an arbitraitor to keep order and count the votes, gentlemen leave your wallets at the door.

I watched the nbl die after the teams decided to shift the power seat of basketball from melb to sydney .................. and I have that feeling of deja vu now ...............

I'd pray for god to help .... but I don't know which one to ask ....... there are so many ??????

Anarchy is alive for rich people. The law no longer applies to everybody ...... you have to be able to afford it.

Ecce
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:06:00 PM

Hacker

Why the call to arms?

I'm not going to overlook the unethical dealing with the Newcastle Jets license. This is worth getting to the bottom of.

Clive Palmer is a nutter and I hope Tinkler has nothing to do with him but that doesn't mean that the FFA haven't been naughty boys themselves.

Something stinks here and Lowy is clearly blind to it.
girtXc
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:16:35 PM

World Class

Ecce wrote:
Why the call to arms?

I'm not going to overlook the unethical dealing with the Newcastle Jets license. This is worth getting to the bottom of.

Clive Palmer is a nutter and I hope Tinkler has nothing to do with him but that doesn't mean that the FFA haven't been naughty boys themselves.

Get to the bottom of what?
The FFA charged Nathan 5% of what the NRL did.
He bought one of the most important football markets,one with 120+ years of proud football history in Australia for peanuts

All contracts are different, and those that have been in business know this

To suggest that all markets demand the same pricing , regardless of the circumstances is ridiculous

Gyfox wrote:

Quote:

Ecce
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:28:25 PM

Hacker

girtXc wrote:
Ecce wrote:
Why the call to arms?

Get to the bottom of what?
The FFA charged Nathan 5% of what the NRL did.
He bought one of the most important football markets,one with 120+ years of proud football history in Australia for peanuts

All contracts are different, and those that have been in business know this

To suggest that all markets demand the same pricing , regardless of the circumstances is ridiculous

What do you mean 5%? He didn't pay anything to the NRL as far as I'm aware. All he did was take on the debts the Knight already had and make a guarantee to Knights members that he would achieve certain income levels. He won't have to pay anything extra if the club achieves those income levels.

Con Constantine still owned the Jets at the time. It was not the FFA's going concern to sell and the FFA didn't want to take ownership of it. Yet they extracted a going concern price off Tinkler.

The A-League licenses have a face value that each club paid. That is all the FFA are entitled to unless they want to take ownership of the club themselves. They never took ownership or part ownership of the Jets and never wanted to. Tinkler even kept the administration operating out of Con's offices for a week after he took over FFS. I wonder how he feels knowing that the FFA got $5m for The Jets.

How can you not see the ethical problems with selling something that someone else owns? Does private property not mean anything?

Edited by Ecce: 28/2/2012 04:29:55 PM

Edited by Ecce: 28/2/2012 04:30:41 PM

Edited by Ecce: 28/2/2012 04:51:29 PM