Search | Active Topics | MembersWelcome Spectator | Log In | Register

Ricki Herbert's Phoenix's Revolution [FFT Article] Options · View
jack999
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:34:14 AM

Semi-Pro

i dont want him as a coach of sydney. what he is doing at the 'nix look good.

What do you think about the FourFourTwo article Ricki Herbert's Phoenix's Revolution?
EXCLUSIVE: Fresh from a third consecutive A-League finals, Wellington Phoenix coach Ricki Herbert has vowed to help build the next generation of stars with the launch of a new talent drive.

Have your say.
RedKat
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:35:42 AM

Legend

Stay at Phoenix herbert. Do not want him coaching us

Bullion
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 11:02:24 AM

Rising Star

Aidan, article is not quite right. ASB Premiership is played in Summer (Team Wellington are playing Auckland City this weekend in one of the semis), the youngsters will be playing for local clubs in the central league over winter.
asmodeus82
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 11:19:37 AM

Fan

He signed a three year deal with us this year. Not to mention his the All whites who play the Nix and the development opportunities for the National team. Why would he go to Sydney?
Heineken
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 11:34:58 AM

Legend

He won't come to Sydney FC. He loves New Zealand and Wellington too much. Remember how after the World Cup, when he led New Zealand, took on the world and drew, he received quite a few offers for both club and national teams but decided to stay in New Zealand, even though there were teams offering him more then double what he's earning as a co-Wellington/New Zealand coach.

❤❤❤McFlynn is love. McFlynn is life❤❤❤

WC20182022
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 12:35:05 PM

Amateur

Dont want him at SFC.

Wouldnt mind Durante and Ifill though...
danwiththeplan
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 12:36:59 PM

Super Fan

"In other news, Phoenix are reportedly looking to fund a W-League team, to take advantage of the growing success New Zealand women's national teams have enjoyed in recent times."

Nice.

LOL Redkat. You're right, might be a bit tough to be coached by the coach that knocked you out of the finals. Plus you'd have to hold off on the sheep jokes.
Cmon-Nix
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:04:32 PM

Semi-Pro

Heineken wrote:
He won't come to Sydney FC. He loves New Zealand and Wellington too much. Remember how after the World Cup, when he led New Zealand, took on the world and drew, he received quite a few offers for both club and national teams but decided to stay in New Zealand, even though there were teams offering him more then double what he's earning as a co-Wellington/New Zealand coach.

Is that actually true though? They said it but the only placed mentioned was a team in the South African Premier League, so.... were there actually any others? I kinda doubt it
KiwiChick1
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:34:35 PM

Legend

Cmon-Nix wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Is that actually true though? They said it but the only placed mentioned was a team in the South African Premier League, so.... were there actually any others? I kinda doubt it

I remember hearing the rumours, but never any names either, sam deal for some of the players.

Anyway, I don't think he'll be leaving us.
bovs
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:41:51 PM

Semi-Pro

Love the 'Nix... definitely my "second" team and I'll support them over anyone except Perth. Just like I support the All Whites except against Australia.

Go NZ football!!!

FourFourTwo Blogger - Glorious Perth
Tommycash
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 3:52:09 PM

Legend

Excellent news, I'm excited that such investment is taking place. Good for football in the region.

Perth Glory
AJohn
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 4:32:46 PM

World Class

I doubt he'll head off to Sydney.

At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky.
stevo
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:21:00 PM

Hardcore Fan

HeartFC has been doing this already so Nux only catching up with best practice LOL. MVFC hasn't been doing it that's why they just go and buy players.
Storm1
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:58:17 AM

Fan

Ricki Herbert is passionate about his family (the family dog as well) and his football.

The question begs to be asked, why would a UEFA coaching panelist want to leave the country that he loves to cross the 'Ditch' (Does any club across the Ditch have a UEFA coaching panelist? a position that is by appointment only from Europe), to a country that presently has a football league that is administered by money hungry ego maniacs, and who care nothing about players and their families, just their pockets - I may not condone what Clive Palmer did coming out publicly because it has cost players their jobs - but he has some relevant issues that need to be addressed.

I recall Mohamed bin Hammam demanding that the Nix either move to Australia or be disbanded at the end of this current A-League campaign, well the only one disbanded and banned from all football-related activity 4ever is HIM!

Ricki and his boys have beaten all the odds. They endured the start to this season with uncertainty about their own jobs due to the financial woes of their now former owner Terry Serepisos, they have carried on with a very, very lean staff and I am proud of Ricki and his boys and his staff...because they have done so well with less resources than what their Australian counterparts are fortunate to have.

To that dickhead in here who commented that the Nix are "playing catch-up" with our soon-to-be finishing school, Australia has a population of 24 million, NZ has only a population of 4.5 million (people that is, not sheep shaggers either) We are fortunate in that the new owners are a consortium that is giving a pathway for our own young untapped talent to develop and chances to secure professional contracts in the future...Why would Ricki leave all this when he would play a major role in this finishing-school as their director. Not only that, he's not a money-hungry man.

I do have a suggestion however, that if the A-league falls on its knees due to the lack of proficiency of their FFA administrators...Wellington is more than capable of administering a Football League...Don't concern yourselves, you will be invited to join as you invited us - I doubt it was out of kindness though - MONEY speaks louder than kindness.

The Nix can function on the smell of an oily rag and have s concluded the season near the top of the table...says a lot about their manager in my book.

He has carte blanche when it comes to football in NZ and deservedly so, though many here in NZ would beg to differ with me...I don't give a toss what these ex-All White washed-up big mouths say in their opinion pieces in our papers either...Their just jealous Period!

See ya Smile
DropkicksFC
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:35:22 AM

Hacker

Hmmm a UEFA blah blah blah who got out-coached by Ferguson...Good year Ricki- great performance in Perth, but the late sub was something of an own goal, as was having no defensive cover on a 5 man bench.

I'd love to see some depth in NZ coaching, but yeah If Manny and Dura stayed cos of him he better bloody well stay!
Storm1
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:34:02 AM

Fan

@DropkicksFC Yeah blah blah blah...But its the truth.

'Out-coached by Ferguson' and what! Hard done by from your Inept, biased referees...and not by Ferguson (Is he a UEFA coaching panelist?), No he's not..But our Ricki is.

I do concur with you however, on the Nix requiring more depth and isn't it wonderful that Manny and our Nix captain Dura have resigned with the Nix...Dura may even play for our national squad seeing as he's not good enough for the country of his birth - Patriotism to one's countrymen is not high on Aussie's list is it?

You have a wonderful Sunday and I'm so pleased that Shane Smeltz and his team are through to the final...He's a Kiwi boy...and an All White but you already know that. Smile
KiwiChick1
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:59:04 AM

Legend

Storm1 wrote:
@DropkicksFC Yeah blah blah blah...But its the truth.

'Out-coached by Ferguson' and what! Hard done by from your Inept, biased referees...and not by Ferguson (Is he a UEFA coaching panelist?), No he's not..But our Ricki is.

I do concur with you however, on the Nix requiring more depth and isn't it wonderful that Manny and our Nix captain Dura have resigned with the Nix...Dura may even play for our national squad seeing as he's not good enough for the country of his birth - Patriotism to one's countrymen is not high on Aussie's list is it?

You have a wonderful Sunday and I'm so pleased that Shane Smeltz and his team are through to the final...He's a Kiwi boy...and an All White but you already know that. Smile

No love for McGlinchey?
Storm1
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:32:26 PM

Fan

@KiwiChick1 Hi. McGlinchey...Your Sacked! Your right No love for him or sympathy for Liam Reddy either Smile
Storm1
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:32:29 PM

Fan

@KiwiChick1 Hi. McGlinchey...Your Sacked! Your right No love for him or sympathy for Liam Reddy either Smile
WaMackie
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:48:05 PM

Semi-Pro

Storm1 wrote:

I do have a suggestion however, that if the A-league falls on its knees due to the lack of proficiency of their FFA administrators...Wellington is more than capable of administering a Football League...Don't concern yourselves, you will be invited to join as you invited us - I doubt it was out of kindness though - MONEY speaks louder than kindness.

Yeah yeah, Australia will jepodise its place in Asia by taking up an offer to play in an NZ-run League. The A-League will stay, but in the massively extreme hypothetical event it didn't, Australia will align itself with an Asian nation such as Singapore or Japan, not NZ.

As for the wish for a Wellington W-League team, the AFC will crack it as it did for the men's team, and Morgan wants W-League games as curtain raisers to the men's A-League games, just so some Kiwi chicks can play a game or two. Fuck me, who does he think he is, we've just spent 7 years here trying to get good quality pitches for the mens' game, and this Morgan wants to undo that work in an instant for the Kiwi chicks?

Fuck off back to NZ, I say. You're irrelevant to us in football. We don't care what you say or think.

Edited by WaMackie: 15/4/2012 04:50:55 PM