Search | Active Topics | MembersWelcome Spectator | Log In | Register

Ange Never Signed Roar Contract [FFT Article] Options · View
bjoseph
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:07:39 PM

Amateur

The Brisbane boys must feel ripped off.....big Erik turned down a big money Chinese offer because Ange told him he was building something big and wanted him to be part of it....wonder of Erik asks him for the $500,000 Ange just cost him.

What do you think about the FourFourTwo article Ange Never Signed Roar Contract?
WHEN Brisbane Roar and the club's temporary owners, FFA, announced five days after a dramatic 2011 Grand Final win over Central Coast, that championship winning coach Ange Postecoglou had signed a two-year extension, it seemed that the long-term prospects of the club were in good hands

Have your say.
MVFCSouthEnder
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:15:21 PM

Pro

bjoseph wrote:
The Brisbane boys must feel ripped off.....big Erik turned down a big money Chinese offer because Ange told him he was building something big and wanted him to be part of it....wonder of Erik asks him for the $500,000 Ange just cost him.

What do you think about the FourFourTwo article Ange Never Signed Roar Contract?
WHEN Brisbane Roar and the club's temporary owners, FFA, announced five days after a dramatic 2011 Grand Final win over Central Coast, that championship winning coach Ange Postecoglou had signed a two-year extension, it seemed that the long-term prospects of the club were in good hands

Have your say.

Well if he was naive enough to believe it...

Victory | Everton | Essendon

I have a Blog
Krackovich
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:21:04 PM

Pro

lol Brisbane. Nice way to run a club.

aussieshorter
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:22:33 PM

Semi-Pro

How the hell does this happen???

FFA Cup Honour Roll FFA Cup Highlights
FFA Cup Qualifying fixtures/results: www.pursuitofthecupau.com/

Uknighted
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:22:40 PM

Under 7s

I just don't know how anyone could believe a word Ange says after this. "I'm in it for the long hall" = "I'll do as I please"
Joe Davola
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:30:16 PM

Pro

Uknighted wrote:
I just don't know how anyone could believe a word Ange says after this. "I'm in it for the long hall" = "I'll do as I please"

Welcome to the world of professional football.

I'm not sure which Coach famously observed that each day you're Head Coach, you're one day closer to being sacked!

In every job - both employer & employee can terminate at any time. If it's legal termination, they walk away with no hard feelings; if it's an illegal termination, the party at fault will pay compensation.
scottywong
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:44:37 PM

Amateur

So when Victory came calling last season the FFA begged him to stay, he did them a favour and now he ends up where he wants to be (for now anyway)

I trust we have made him put pen to paper
matt_006
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:59:26 PM

Fan

this just keeps getting better!

FML
zimbos_05
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:18:42 PM

Legend

Ange is slowly starting to leave a bad image for himself here. We thank him for everything he did, but maybe he should just talk about Victory and focus on them and not focus on the Roar.....

.....Unless hes saying all these things so players at the Roar take his departure more easily.

Tommycash
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:20:52 PM

Legend

Doesn't necessarily mean there was no contract.

Perth Glory
Digtrio
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:30:29 PM

Hardcore Fan

Not sure why people seem to think he absolutely had to stay at our club. It's football after all. I for one am glad he did and he's done an amazing job. Not only did we do awesome stuff under his tenure but he's set the club up for the foreseeable future.

The fact of the matter is, he could've bailed but didn't and ensured that the club isn't going to crash around us if and when he left. Isn't this a good thing rather than keep the man if he didn't (or his family) didn't want to stay?

I BLEED ORANGE!
Mrmcjewpants
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:36:37 PM

Pro

ange your still a legend but u fucking keep this up and im sure people will start to think very differently of you 'i wanted to leave a year ago' etc. and now this :[ and all the times you said u wanted to build a dynasty etc. and you come out and contradict that

Australian Record for most games undefeated in sporting history
Ange Still a legend and forever a legend
Berisha making people mad since 11/12
Roarz
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:37:06 PM

Pro

lolol

Fredsta wrote:
I genuinely feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I read one of liverpoolfan2010's posts.

twitter - @Roarz9
notorganic
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:38:40 PM

Legend

Mrmcjewpants wrote:
ange your still a legend but u fucking keep this up and im sure people will start to think very differently of you 'i wanted to leave a year ago' etc. and now this :[ and all the times you said u wanted to build a dynasty etc. and you come out and contradict that

Has he not built a dynasty that will continue without him?

Mrmcjewpants
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:40:22 PM

Pro

notorganic wrote:
Mrmcjewpants wrote:

Has he not built a dynasty that will continue without him?
we shall see i suppose i cant fault what hes done for the club but its things like this that make me doubt his love for our club

bluebird
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:45:56 PM

World Class

Mrmcjewpants wrote:

Quotes are at best fragmented and often without context.

Ange gave Brisbane his best and left nothing in the dressing room. You can tell the guy has poured his heart and soul into the club.

"It is important that we protect the integrity of the match for the continued growth of football in Australia."

Players denied right to play in FFA cup games so the FFA can protect the integrity of a once a year All Stars gimmick
End result: growth of football in Australia
Jargernaut
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:50:24 PM

Semi-Pro

some people love making things sound much worse then they are just so they can have a jibe at another club. Ange, Brisbane and Melbourne Victory did nothing wrong or immoral here. I have no bitterness towards ange or melbourne victory and i am actually excited by the prospect of the club moving forward with rado.

Jargernaut
Creator & Administrator of Robbie Striker

Robbie Striker on Facebook
Follow Robbie Striker on Twitter
Mrmcjewpants
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:50:55 PM

Pro

bluebird wrote:
Mrmcjewpants wrote:

Quotes are at best fragmented and often without context.

Ange gave Brisbane his best and left nothing in the dressing room. You can tell the guy has poured his heart and soul into the club.

no doubt he did brilliant and thats why i love the man but it seems like he used the roar as a stepping stone for his carrer rather than anything else

Roaryroo
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:57:59 PM

Hardcore Fan

As stated before, he has been a good coach and he has the material to go far... But if what it is written in this article is correct and not taken out of context, then I have loss some respect from him as person. The future will tell if he did not resigned Matt Mackay for this reason or if he changes his mind about poaching BR players. If this was to be the case, he would prove his word is not worth it. This in fact would be in detriment of the HAL in many aspects. On the other hand, if this is true The BR Owners have been taken for fools or someone did not do his/her homework!

Go the Socceroos!!! Go the Roar!!!
Roarz
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:05:05 PM

Pro

Jargernaut wrote:
some people love making things sound much worse then they are just so they can have a jibe at another club. Ange, Brisbane and Melbourne Victory did nothing wrong or immoral here. I have no bitterness towards ange or melbourne victory and i am actually excited by the prospect of the club moving forward with rado.

well said. if only more Roar fans felt this way.

Fredsta wrote:
I genuinely feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I read one of liverpoolfan2010's posts.

twitter - @Roarz9