Search | Active Topics | MembersWelcome Spectator | Log In | Register

Victory Confirms Postecoglou Appointment [FFT Article] Options · View
Benny Buckly
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 10:13:45 AM

Semi-Pro

Realfootball wrote:
Are we seroiusly expected to believe that Postecoglou didn't sign a contract with Brisbane? That he coached for a year without a contract??? FFA announced that he had signed.

This looks like a smokescreen to me, Hutch, to make the whole thing look better for Ange and Victory.

I don't buy it for one moment. It makes no sense, and it was announced last year he had signed.

Great to see there's people who still believe anything anyone in Football says. It's so sweet.
hutchonholiday
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 10:21:36 AM

Pro

Realfootball wrote:
Are we seroiusly expected to believe that Postecoglou didn't sign a contract with Brisbane? That he coached for a year without a contract??? FFA announced that he had signed.

This looks like a smokescreen to me, Hutch, to make the whole thing look better for Ange and Victory.

I don't buy it for one moment. It makes no sense, and it was announced last year he had signed.
It was announced he had agreed to terms.

The fact that the owners have been so willing to let him go and not make a fuss about it would say to me that Ange, the guy in question, is being very honest and correct in stating that there was no signed contract.

In the end, does it matter? Brisbane were happy to let him go and happy to appoint Vidosic. Ange was happy to leave and happy to come home to Melbourne where his wife would be happier. Melbourne Victory were happy to sign the best coach in the league.

That's a lot of happy people.
Roar_Brisbane
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 10:50:57 AM

Legend

hutchonholiday wrote:
Realfootball wrote:

It was announced he had agreed to terms.

The fact that the owners have been so willing to let him go and not make a fuss about it would say to me that Ange, the guy in question, is being very honest and correct in stating that there was no signed contract.

In the end, does it matter? Brisbane were happy to let him go and happy to appoint Vidosic. Ange was happy to leave and happy to come home to Melbourne where his wife would be happier. Melbourne Victory were happy to sign the best coach in the league.

That's a lot of happy people.

I don't think Brisbane were happy to let him go or else the Bakries wouldn't of offered that coaching role.

Ali07
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:36:24 AM

Legend

ozboy wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
CRUYFF x 2 wrote:
Angulo would be a good recruit for MV if they can get him back

Very true, could try to bring him back. Certainly, we'd have a number 10 that'd run all day. Was sad to see him go and would love to see him come back. Someone needs to get into Ange's ear about this Wink lol

So we replace a superior player with an nferior player?

Superior only in attack. Angulo is good as a number 10 and we'd see him help defend from the front a lot more then Carlos.

While I don't want to see Carlos leave, as he offers so much when going forward, I'd welcome Angulo back with open arms. We'll lose something in attack, sure, but Angulo still offers plenty.

Hell, I'd even take Angulo as a DM. Guy runs all day, so he'd help in covering for Carlos defensively. Not ideal (to have someone cover for Carlos), but going forward with both guys in midfield, we'd be extremely threatening.

Realfootball wrote:

Unless I've understood something wrong, Ange still had 1 year left and then a 2 year extension was drawn up but never signed. So, this season just finished was the 1 season left on the original contract that he actually inked.

@ali_saenz I don't bite Big Smile!
Benny Buckly
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:39:41 AM

Semi-Pro

Ali07 wrote:
Unless I've understood something wrong, Ange still had 1 year left and then a 2 year extension was drawn up but never signed. So, this season just finished was the 1 season left on the original contract that he actually inked.

Apart from the original contract becomes null and void when the license gets handed back.

But hey, who cares about contracts these days.......Only the courts as far as I can tell.

Which reminds me, although most deals are under the table, I'm sure the FFA had something in writing from Tinks.

Edited by Benny Buckly: 27/4/2012 11:42:22 AM
Axelv
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:44:18 AM

Semi-Pro

Realfootball wrote:

He coached for a year with his existing contract, which expired last week.
Ali07
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:53:06 AM

Legend

Benny Buckly wrote:
Apart from the original contract becomes null and void when the license gets handed back.

Does it? Then why can the FFA see out the remaining contracts for the GCU players? Wouldn't it be something similar with a coach?

Benny Buckly
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 12:07:41 PM

Semi-Pro

Ali07 wrote:
Benny Buckly wrote:

Does it? Then why can the FFA see out the remaining contracts for the GCU players? Wouldn't it be something similar with a coach?

We had to promise them a few things or there'd have been 4 walkovers right at the pointy end.

Fact is they could've all walked. Only that traitor Rees did in the end and we had a few hiccups with Mulvey, but he'll get his back scratched when the dust settles.
Davo & the Massive
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:15:07 AM

Under 7s

One thing to the 'so called experts' re contracts. A vocal contract is as strong (though obviously harder to prove) as a piece of paper. Reading between/through/above & below the lines, Ange had a contract...

Either way...thank you Ange for what you have done (sincerely!) I won't go into details, but good luck with your international coaching career (oh sorry it's Melbournne), also good to see you're so loyal...dynasty???shaking hands with Roar fans before the g/f and saying you weren't going anywhere...

Rado will carve it up this next season! I hate the Gold Coast, but I hope we get the trifecta for them and the Fury!!

FFA will save half the comp but niot them, nooooo let's introduce a new team which we'll prop up!
Val
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:47:36 AM

Hacker

AJohn
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 10:39:37 AM

World Class

Everyone I ever loved moves to Victory. First Marco Rojas now Ange Postecoglou =(

At least Rojas is well looked after now.

At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky.
Ali07
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 4:35:17 PM

Legend

AJohn wrote:
Everyone I ever loved moves to Victory. First Marco Rojas now Ange Postecoglou =(

2 reasons to love the Victory now? Think
lol

Roarz
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 5:10:56 PM

Pro

Ali07 wrote:
AJohn wrote:

2 reasons to love the Victory now? Think
lol

haha!

Fredsta wrote:
I genuinely feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I read one of liverpoolfan2010's posts.

twitter - @Roarz9
Bowden
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:38:16 AM

Legend

Shame he can't show the same loyalty Arnie did Wink

Roarz
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:41:45 AM

Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:
Not for Victory fans Smile

Fredsta wrote:
I genuinely feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I read one of liverpoolfan2010's posts.

twitter - @Roarz9
Iridium1010
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:42:07 AM

Legend

cbowden9000 wrote:

Oh snap.

Axelv
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:54:07 AM

Semi-Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:

If you were him, you wouldn't be loyal to Brisbane either Cool
Someguy
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:43:10 AM

Pro

Oh well, he's gone now.

Edited by SomeGuy: 8/5/2012 03:44:01 AM
paulbagzFC
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:25:04 AM

Legend

cbowden9000 wrote:

Till Mariners lose quite heavily at some point and he begins whinging again.

-PB

clockwork orange
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:37:44 AM

Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:

Arnie would not have been 'loyal' if offered the money Ange is getting ...