Search | Active Topics | MembersWelcome Spectator | Log In | Register

Official Wellington Phoenix Supporters Thread Options · View
KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 11:53:23 AM

Legend

This shall be the place to discuss all things Wellington Phoenix.
Better title suggestions are welcome.
Trolls shall be banned.
No sheep jokes.

PASSION PRIDE POWER PRESTIGE

Edited by KiwiChick1: 19/9/2011 12:04:31 p.m.
nhub24
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 11:55:25 AM

World Class

Baaaaah.
KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 11:57:35 AM

Legend

nhub24 wrote:
Baaaaah.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all Not talking
nhub24
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 11:59:45 AM

World Class

Apparently there's more sheep in NuuZlnd then people, is that true? Smile

Edited by nhub24: 19/9/2011 12:00:26 PM
KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:04:05 PM

Legend

nhub24 wrote:

Seriously, piss off or say something on topic Smile
nhub24
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:06:00 PM

World Class

KiwiChick1 wrote:
nhub24 wrote:

Are.....um.......ummmm......Terry Serepisos is running your club into the groundSmile
KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:09:42 PM

Legend

So anyways, we're on a squad of 17 at the moment, the core of which have been players retained from last year.

Goalkeepers
Mark Paston
Tony Warner

Defenders
Andrew Durante (C)
Ben Sigmund
Tony Lochhead
Jimmy Downey
Niko Tsattalios

Midfielders
Tim Brown
Vince Lia
Manny Muscat
Daniel
Leo Bertos
Lucas Pantelis
Dani Sanchez

Strikers
Chris Greenacre
Paul Ifill
Mirjan Pavlovic
KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:13:16 PM

Legend

nhub24 wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:
nhub24 wrote:

Are.....um.......ummmm......Terry Serepisos is running your club into the groundSmile

Without Terry Serepisos there wouldn't even be a club.
Everton FC
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:13:22 PM

Amateur

Assuming Terry goes, we potential have 6 more spots to fill in our roster including 2 under 20s. Thoughts?
madzaman
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:17:08 PM

Pro

Gareth Edds and Simon storey should be two fella's on the list.

Although a bit older storey is a trained physio, so would suit the whole NZ shoestring budget thing and edds has fantastic experience.

madzaman
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:18:52 PM

Pro

hmmm i've found out that storey's playing in India!?!?!?!?! WTF

General Ashnak
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:19:16 PM

Legend

A present for Nhub to use whenever he feels like being pointless:

Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Laureano Ruiz wrote:
Let us say that you and I coach two teams with kids that are 10, 11, and 12 years old and all are about equally good. You try to teach them to play good football, a passing game and with tactical basics while I tell mine to only play long balls and try to shoot. I can assure you that [at first] I will always win against you, by using your mistakes. Break a bad pass and goal. If we however continue with the same training methods during a three year period, you will most likely win every game against us. Your players will have learned how to play while mine haven’t. That’s how easy it is.
119GLORY
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:19:39 PM

Semi-Pro

Everton FC wrote:
Assuming Terry goes, we potential have 6 more spots to fill in our roster including 2 under 20s. Thoughts?

Get some decent young Aussie and Kiwi talent perhaps? Not meaning to be overly offensive but looking at your squad, I would be hoping nearly half the players don't remain in your squad for 2012-13 because they're not much to watch; good luck to you guys though Smile PS I absolutely think the world of Tim Brown I think he's bloody brilliant and he carries you guys a bit! Great goal-scoring midfielder and leader.

Quote:
"I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important —like a football match or something"

SSYYDDNNEEYY FFOOOOTTBBAALL CCLLUUBB

KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:21:31 PM

Legend

Everton FC wrote:

Is Bran still an option? I heard he had gone back to Australia....? Otherwise I'd be pretty happy if we signed Musa back up. AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong) he hasn't picked a contract overseas, and I think he's definitely worth having as a cover for CB.
KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:24:26 PM

Legend

119GLORY wrote:
Everton FC wrote:

Get some decent young Aussie and Kiwi talent perhaps? Not meaning to be overly offensive but looking at your squad, I would be hoping nearly half the players don't remain in your squad for 2012-13 because they're not much to watch; good luck to you guys though Smile PS I absolutely think the world of Tim Brown I think he's bloody brilliant and he carries you guys a bit! Great goal-scoring midfielder and leader.

You have to be joking on that one? I hardly even noticed he was on the pitch for most of last season! Me thinks he's still not recovered mentally after doing his shoulder.
Would love to get some young guys in to take up a couple of the remaining spots.
New_Dawn_Kiwi_Fan
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:26:29 PM

Rising Star

This was done ages ago! http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=42053

KiwiChick1 wrote:
This shall be the place to discuss all things Wellington Phoenix.
Better title suggestions are welcome.
Trolls shall be banned.
No sheep jokes.

Calling you 'The Terminator' from now on ! Smile

Edited by new_dawn_kiwi_fan: 19/9/2011 12:31:57 PM
119GLORY
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:27:09 PM

Semi-Pro

Actually, forgive me if this has been discussed to death by you lot but I have often wondered, do you guys see Westpac as your long-term home? say 7+ years down the track? You've been there now 5 years, are you still happy with location + atmosphere + it being a round pitch?

Quote:
"I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important —like a football match or something"

Therk
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:28:08 PM

Amateur

nhub24 wrote:

Edited by nhub24: 19/9/2011 12:00:26 PM

Welcome to the club

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_sheep_in_Australia_in_2010
119GLORY
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:30:23 PM

Semi-Pro

KiwiChick1 wrote:
119GLORY wrote:
Everton FC wrote:

You have to be joking on that one? I hardly even noticed he was on the pitch for most of last season! Me thinks he's still not recovered mentally after doing his shoulder.
Would love to get some young guys in to take up a couple of the remaining spots.

Oh ok, well I just get glances of Phoenix games usually cause they're on at weird times normally, and he always seems to have 2 or 3 chances a game for some reason? Just like he's completely lucky or something? And he scores 6-7 goals a season that's damn good for a Midfielder but ok I guess I need to watch games closer then Tongue

Quote:

KiwiChick1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 12:33:12 PM

Legend

New_Dawn_Kiwi_Fan wrote:

That was more just a thread to do with NZ football in general, this is specifically Phoenix.

119GLORY wrote:
Actually, forgive me if this has been discussed to death by you lot but I have often wondered, do you guys see Westpac as your long-term home? say 7+ years down the track? You've been there now 5 years, are you still happy with location + atmosphere + it being a round pitch?

I think a new pitch isn't really an option until much much further down the track. I'm pretty happy with the Cake Tin (except for the fact that it's circular), it's in an ideal easy to get to location (right next to the train station and near the heart of Wellington) and the atmosphere created there has nothing to do with the stadium, just the fans in it.