-PB

11.mvfc.11
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:17:18 PM

World Class

Seriously considering going on the Titanic II

blacka
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:49:06 PM

Pro

Geez he's a bit late on the foreign land ownership thing....hard to know where to place the guy on any policy really. Seems like he just wants his own sandpit to play in after getting snubbed by the liberals.

Good for him though...better off being able to be a loose cannon...the major parties were only ever going to take his coin and feather the guys balls to keep the cheques coming. Look forward to plenty of amusingly terrible fonts! Guy needs better design staff.
RedKat
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:52:25 PM

Legend

Palmer, Gillard, Milne, Abbott.

I dont know which is the smallest evil.

*prays for sexy party candidate in electorate.*

blacka
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 4:05:15 PM

Pro

Assange will bring some sort of 'sexy' Wink

Thin on policy though...seems to be pitching as some vague 'transparency' thing...which is nice enough tho would be good to see some more details. They may actually pick up a couple of senate seats.
macktheknife
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:54:36 PM

Legend

RedKat wrote:

Well, Gillard really.

Greens are nutjobs. No way you'd elect them.

Abbott, psycho, vacuous half-wit with no policies beyond three word slogans, with an indication his policies will result in little more than trying to create a dystopian corporatocracy for the benefit of News Limited and the mining companies.

Palmer, lol. I'd rather not take the risk of a GCU job on the entire nation.

Gillard... at least they've got policies.

A website and forum for supporters of Western Sydney Football
Forum Twitter Facebook

paulbagzFC
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 6:03:29 PM

Legend

The Dark Katter Rises.

In Parliament this coming September.

-PB

playmaker11
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 6:24:44 PM

World Class

Desperate to be taken seriously, isn't he.

blacka
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 6:29:42 PM

Pro

Well as far as Abbott v Gillard on policy details...id agree the libs are still relying on over arching statements this far out from sept....but at a philosophic level the Libs and Labor at least should have a major difference in the amount of govt intervention they'd want at all.

Labor being the party of believing govt to have the answer to everything...the Libs in theory should be pursuing private sector approaches and a Minarchist style of governing.

As far as corporatocracies go, both parties do that...the existence of industry assistance/bailouts, red tape, high minimum wages, unions...all these things make it harder for new entrepreneurs to establish themselves. This only serves the interests of corporates. So really both Labor and Libs are guilty of this. Its no wonder our small biz failure rates are so high. The current system across the board protects larger established outfits.

Id vote Libs just out of a hope they may live up to their assumed role of trimming the public sector and freeing up business to be able to provide a higher proportion of employment in australia. The worst thing for wealth creation is to have the public sector be so much at the centre of driving the country forward. People make the mistake of thinking taking more from the private sector and coralling it govt expenditure is a good thing. It just isnt in the long run...
WaMackie
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:06:54 PM

Pro

I'm embarrassed that this bloke comes from my State. Grant Kenny is another one who embarrasses me as a Qld'er.

Roger Rogerson said: "We're back to the Gestapo days now" after police swooped on his Padstow Heights home while he was meeting with Mr Kenny. 27 May 2014

StiflersMom
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:33:22 PM

World Class
Libero

WaMackie wrote:
I'm embarrassed that this bloke comes from my State. Grant Kenny is another one who embarrasses me as a Qld'er.

I must have missed something, whats Grant Kenny done that's so bad?

RedshirtWilly wrote:

We stood proud. Why not have a wank?
StiflersMom
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 1:14:54 PM

World Class
Libero

Quote:
Sitting MPs to join federal candidate Clive Palmer's party

BILLIONAIRE federal candidate Clive Palmer said that by tomorrow, two or more current sitting MPs will defect to his party ahead of the election.
Mr Palmer told journalists today that he will run a candidate in every lower house seat, with two or more being current sitting MPs.
He also revealed his Queensland office was broken into last night, and he claims it is part of a political conspiracy.
More to come

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/sitting-mps-to-join-federal-candidate-clive-palmers-party/story-e6frfkp9-1226631444557#ixzz2RooB2Qm8

RedshirtWilly wrote:

blacka
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 4:00:22 PM

Pro

Current sitting federal MPs ? I assumed he had just picked up some qld state mps or somethin...

Maybe Craig Thomson is running for them in Dobell!

They should consider trimming down the idea for running in every lower house seat. I know he has the cash to cover it but they will end up with some dregs, liability candidates ...unless they parachute in a bunch of pre-screened people.
Hoff
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:02:51 PM

Fan

Clive Palmer is the hero qld deserves. What a fucking patriot. WA gets gina ****hart and we get Clive suck it sandgropers

blacka
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:10:19 AM

Pro

Wow i am finally finding some common ground with u Hoff...dont mind Clive on some issues...if he were a real libertarian in the Ron Paul mould i'd be right in there! Could be a work in progress that guy, has potential...

Edited by blacka: 1/5/2013 11:10:47 AM
No12
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:29:55 PM

Hacker

macktheknife wrote:
RedKat wrote:

Well, Gillard really.

Greens are nutjobs. No way you'd elect them.

Abbott, psycho, vacuous half-wit with no policies beyond three word slogans, with an indication his policies will result in little more than trying to create a dystopian corporatocracy for the benefit of News Limited and the mining companies.

Palmer, lol. I'd rather not take the risk of a GCU job on the entire nation.

Gillard... at least they've got policies.

Gillard has two types of policies:

1/ Broken ones
&
2/ More taxes

How about this education policy: Take 2.6 billion out of Universities and give it to primary and secondary public schools.
To all die hart Labor Uni-student supporters, you are all pretty quiet about this one.
RedKat
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:28:54 AM

Legend

Quote:
Billionaires oppressed
by: Candace Sutton

inShare

Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email
Recommended Coverage

Clive Palmer in TV ad blitz
BILLIONAIRE aspiring prime minister Clive Palmer will launch a television ad blitz, insisting he wants to keep his campaign positive.
BILLIONAIRES are one of Australia's most oppressed minorities, would-be prime minister, Clive Palmer, has told news.com.au
Asked whether he was serious, Palmer said "yes, I get ridiculed all the time (about my political ambitions)".

Palmer, who launched his United Australia Party last week, says he is confident that he will be Australia's next prime minister.

He said three opinion polls in the last week which showed strong support for him had his opponents "shitting themselves".

Asked whether that included Federal Opposition Leader, Tony Abbott, Palmer said "you'll have to ask him, but he's going to have a lot of time after the election to go cycling".

Palmer, who gave news.com.au a five-point plan of his major policies, said the very first thing he would do when he was elected PM was to end "Australia's high infant mortality rate among Aboriginal children".

"That is the first thing I would do, before looking at the defence forces, aything, is saving these children's lives.

Palmer has until May 13 to register his party and requires 500 members to do so.

He says he has garnered huge support and has a $30 million war chest for the campaign.

His top five policies were to:

Eradicate political lobbyists from the Canberra decision-making process
Abolish the carbon tax and refund taxpayers retrospectively
Invest money generated by regions such as the Hunter Valley straight back into the region, without GST being paid to Canberra
Create a minerals processing industry and stop resources going overseas to be processed
Set up a system by which asylum seekers flew direct to Australia and were process at the airport, and sent straight back home if they didn't qualify for residency

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/billionaires-oppressed/story-fncynjr2-1226634767194#ixzz2SH87WIrh

StiflersMom
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:10:11 PM

World Class
Libero

Quote:
Peter Slipper joins Clive Palmer's United Australia Party

New recruit: Former Speaker Peter Slipper is joining Clive Palmer's party. Picture: Gary Ramage
FORMER Parliamentary Speaker and ex-Liberal MP-turned independent Peter Slipper has joined billionaire Clive Palmer's United Australia Party.
Mr Palmer today confirmed Mr Slipper had applied to become a member of the Party - and his application had been accepted.
But Mr Slipper won't be standing for the seat of Fisher.
A United Australia Party statement said Bill Schoch - Mr Palmer's Coolum Resort manager - remained the Party’s endorsed candidate for Fisher in the next Federal election.

Peter Slipper has joined Clive Palmer's United Australia Party. Picture: Mark Calleja

The statement said: "United Australia Party Secretary and endorsed candidate for the seat of Dickson Clive Mensink said the United Australia Party was an open and inclusive party that welcomed members from all political, social and economic backgrounds."
“The United Australia Party is about delivering common sense policies to the nation,” the statement said.
Mr Palmer said the Party wanted to create more jobs and build a stronger economy.
“Taxes need to be reduced to stimulate growth in the economy and restore consumer and business confidence.

The rot has to be stopped.”

United Australia Party intends to field candidates in all seats at the September 14 election.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/peter-slipper-joins-clive-palmers-united-australia-party/story-e6frfkp9-1226639861716#ixzz2SyAdzYgY

RedshirtWilly wrote:

RedKat
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:27:34 PM

Legend

Mirrors the 'signings' Palmer made for his Football Australia; discarged idiots that nobody likes in an attempt to gain 'authenticity'

This party wont exist by the elections, much like Football Australia didnt exist at crunch time.

But: http://unitedaustralia.org/join-uap/

Edited by RedKat: 11/5/2013 06:28:19 PM

StiflersMom
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:09:11 PM

World Class
Libero

RedKat wrote:
Mirrors the 'signings' Palmer made for his Football Australia; discarged idiots that nobody likes in an attempt to gain 'authenticity'

This party wont exist by the elections, much like Football Australia didnt exist at crunch time.

But: http://unitedaustralia.org/join-uap/

Damn you, I looked at his policies, clearly they are written to benefit him and his interests.

Quote:

Palmer United Party stands for and is committed in its efforts and vision to carry out the following functions:

Party Officials should not be Lobbyists, thereby taking a strong position on Paid Political Lobbyists saving tax payers dollars and introducing Fair Policies

Abolish Carbon Tax

Revising the current Australian Governments Refugee Policy to ensure Australia is protected and refugees are given opportunities for a better future and lifestyle

Creating Mineral Wealth to continuously contribute to the welfare of the Australian community. This will be achieved by utilising mineral resources from Queensland and Western Australia, and incentives from the Commonwealth of Australia to establish downstream processing in the States of Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia ; and exporting products at a higher dollar value, thereby creating more revenue , jobs, tax and more facilities.

Establishing a System where people create wealth in various parts of the country and for that wealth should flow back to the Community. For example, if the region creates wealth it should go back to the community. This way we develop the whole country and not just Sydney and Melbourne, but we develop right across Australia where the wealth is.

http://unitedaustralia.org/policies/

Edited by StiflersMom: 11/5/2013 07:09:43 PM

RedshirtWilly wrote: